Setting up a gaming YouTube channel may look simple, but it requires lots of effort and resources. The major tool that you may need to start recording your gameplay is good video recording software.
On a PC, you may find an in-built screen recorder. Though this recorder comes with a limited number of features and is suitable only for recording simple videos. Therefore, for recording your gameplay with perfection, you need to use third-party software.
There are lots of software available in the market that you can use for recording gaming videos on both Windows and Mac devices. Out of them, here will tell you about the 5 best software programs.
5 Best Screen Recording Software To Recording Gameplay In 2021
We have handpicked the 5 best software that you can use for recording gameplay. All the software programs that we have picked are compatible with both Windows and Mac devices. These are:
The first software that we have picked in this list is the Wondershare DemoCreator. With this software, you can not only record videos but can also edit them in real-time. The annual price of this software is $61.99 whereas its perpetual license costs around $89.99. By shopping it during the upcoming Wondershare Black Friday Sale, you can get heavy discounts on it.
Features Of Wondershare DemoCreator
- Comes with a plethora of templates, transitions, and effects.
- Allows you to display three different types of cursor effects in your videos.
- Supports the use of Pan and Zoom.
- You are allowed to use annotations in your videos.
- Besides screen recording, it also allows you to record audio.
The second software that we have picked in this list is the TechSmith Camtasia. It is a widely used screen recording software that is specifically designed to make present, demo, and how-to videos. Apart from this, you can also use this software for making educational and tutorial videos. The standard lifetime license of this software is $249. You can also grab some Camtasia discounts using the TechSmith promo code which makes it much affordable. The major features that you can get with are:
Features Of TechSmith Camtasia
- This software comes with tons of resources including preset templates, filters, etc.
- With it, you can record simultaneously with both Webcam and on-screen activities. This makes it a suitable choice for streaming live gameplay.
- You can also add annotations and callouts to your videos for making that attractive.
- With Camtasia, you can directly export your project to YouTube and other streaming platforms.
- It supports audio recording and editing that can help you in doing voice-over of the videos.
The third software featured in this list is the Bandicam. It is a free screen recording software using which you can not only record your gameplay but can also edit them accordingly. By using Bandicam, you can record both 2D and 3D games. There are many more features that you may find with this software and we have mentioned them below.
Features Of Bandicam
- By using it, you can even record videos of ultra HD quality or 4K quality.
- Bandicam supports a screen capturing speed of around 480 FPS.
- This software also allows you to set a schedule for recording your videos.
- Besides recording on-screen activities, you can also record videos by using the webcam.
- Bandicam also allows you to record your voice. This can help you in doing a voice-over while recording the gaming videos.
- This screen recording software also supports some custom mouse effects that you can use in your videos.
OBS is a widely used screen recording software and most YouTubers use it for making their videos. This software not only supports Mac or Windows devices, but you can also use it on devices supporting Linux OS. It is a free open source software, which means you don’t have to spend any money for using it. This software is also reliable and is officially sponsored by YouTube, twitch, and Facebook.
Features of OBS Studio
- It supports recording and mixing audio and video in real-time.
- You can use its custom transition feature to switch between multiple frames.
- It provides lots of professional features and also supports green screen editing. This can help you provide a professional touch to your videos.
- OBS offers a good recording speed of 30 fps. By using it, you can record your videos in full HD or 1080p resolution.
- You can also use OBS with many third-party apps.
The last software that we have included in this list is the FlashBack Express. This software can also be a great choice to record your gameplay for YouTube. It is also free and open-source software that you can simply install on your Windows and Mac devices.
Features Of FlashBack Express
- Flashback is completely watermark-free. This means that your recorded videos won’t have any watermark.
- It comes with a high FPS and allows you to record videos in various formats.
- It also supports the use of transitions. This can help you to switch between frames.
- There are many formats in which you can export your final output.
The Bottom Line
These are the 5 major software that you can use for recording your gameplay videos. If you are a beginner then you can go with free software like OBS or FlashBack Express. But for enjoying the advanced features, it is suggested to opt for either Camtasia or Wondershare DemoCreator. To grab more similar articles check out WebTechCoupons.