If you are a family man, you will surely bring your kids over if you apply for an E2 visa. Of course, they can also have the opportunity to study abroad as your dependent. So as long as you are working in the United States of America, you can still go home seeing your kids. And that is a rewarding feeling and stress reliever as a parent.
But one thing for sure bothers your mind, can my kids’ study abroad under an E2 visa? As our quick answer, it’s a yes! But there are some things that you need to know about this. Ashoori Law is here to help you understand everything you need to know about your kid’s school conditions under an E2 visa.
Take a look over the kid’s school journey in the US.
The time that you land in the United States of America, one thing is for sure, you will get to look where your child will study. And since every state has its school, public or private, it will just be easy. All you have to secure is choosing which school is better for your kid. So here are some things you need to consider in choosing a school for your kid.
- Accessibility – since all of you are new on the premises, choosing a school that will be easier for everyone to reach. Also, your kid will not have any hard time familiarizing the neighborhood. Please don’t be hard on them by giving them too much information to grasp, especially regarding directions. We know that’s part of growing but give them a break; even adults need them.
- Your budget – you should also put into consideration the budget allotted for education. Since your source of funds should be coming from your E2 business, personal expenses should not hinder the company’s success.
- Your kid’s choice – the kids should be involved in the decision-making since they are te ones that will deal with the result for their whole stay in the United States of America. As a parent, layout some of your choices and some that you think are part of their personality. Then if the child has some suggestions, put that into consideration as well. Make sure that your stay in the United States of America is worth everybody’s while.
What are the documents needed for my child to have the same E2 visa as me?
Now that education seems easy to obtain let’s focus on what needs to be done before you land in the United States of America.
So the first thing is that they need to have e2 visas too. And you will be the principal holder of the family. So, in that case, here are the documents that they will ask from your child/children:
- Your approved E2 visa- of course, you must be approved first for them to apply for the same visa as yours.
- Birth certificate- this will prove your relationship with the child. Also, this serves as a primary identification document for the child as they don’t usually possess any other IDs aside from their passports.
- Your children’s documents must also include proof of your immigration status in the United States of America. Also, you must have employment proofs such as payslips or tax returns and other documents that will prove your employment.
Will my child attend immigration interviews too?
Yes, they will. But you don’t have to be so fearful about it. Just give your kids a heads-up about what could be the possible questions that they will ask. And it would be best if you also told some facts about your purpose in getting the E2 visa. Plus, a family meeting won’t hurt to keep everyone posted.
Your kid’s future is part of the reasons why you have decided to stay in the United States of America. And in that sense, education for them Is vital. And that is what all parents aim for, to cater to the best education system for their children.
And most parents opt to have an international education. So Nw that you have this privilege, make good use of it. Your child’s education matters, and we want to help you achieve that goal.
We are glad to help you in knowing that your kids can study under your visa of choice.